Core Values & Beliefs
We believe that effective teachers:
- Create opportunities for intellectual risk-taking, collaboration, problem-solving and application of classroom learning to real-life situations;
- Implement strategies that promote ownership of learning to students;
- Design instruction to integrate a variety of innovative technological tools and resources to
- Demonstrate ongoing professional growth in order to increase the quality of instruction;
- Collaborate with colleagues to share and discuss exemplary practices, interpret student
performance data, and design assessments that promote twenty-first century skills.
We believe that successful students:
- Communicate in a meaningful way for a variety of purposes and audiences;
- Demonstrate a sensitivity to the precision and nuances of written, visual and aural medium
through comprehension, interpretation and evaluation;
- Employ critical and creative thinking skills to solve problems;
- Pose questions, examine possibilities and apply skills to find solutions to authentic issues.
Our Social and Civic Expectations are:
- Make positive choices related to physical and mental wellness;
- Contribute to the local and global community in a collaborative and respectful manner.